Visit the pre-Colombian Indian mounds of the ancient Calusa civilization right across the street! A true treat is had by boating to our sister resort, Cabbage Key! To enhance your vacation experience, day trips to deserted beaches and guided trips for shelling, kayaking, flying and exploring are available. Link to Awaken your resources!
Fishing & Boating
Pine Island’s fishing heritage has supported generations of island families. The sport of tarpon fishing originated in Pine Island Sound in the late 1880s. Boca Grande Pass (just 20 minutes across Pine Island Sound from Bokeelia) is considered the “Tarpon Capital of the World.” Select below from a number of fishing and boating resources:
- Native Attitudes Fishing Charters – Back bay/fly fishing
- Capt. Miles Inshore Fishing Charters
Captain Miles Meredith – (239) 222-1125
- Hoodwink Charters (239) 823-6517 – offshore and back bay fishing options
- Captain Jack’s Boat Tours (239) 222-9886 – private boat tours to various island destinations including Cabbage Key
- Tropic Star Cruises – Tours to Cabbage Key and Cayo Costa
- In The Loop Charters – Fly fishing specific
- Snook Town – Fly fishing specific
- Island Girl Charters – Island Charters and Cabbage Key
- Koucky Sailing Charter – Sailing Charters
- Captiva Cruises – Island tours departing from Captiva to Cabbage Key and other various island destinations.
- Marine Weather Forecasts – Tide Tables
- Pineland Marina – (239) 283-3593
- Four Winds Marina – Boat rentals
- Gulf Coast Kayak – Kayak rentals and tours
- Take Me Fishing – General fishing information
- Blackwater Charters – Back bay fishing charters
- Florida Fly Fishing Schools
- Tarpoons Charters – Back bay fishing charters
Golf & Tennis
Alden Pines Country Club – open to the public – (239) 283-2179
Our four star restaurant is open for lunch and dinner seven days a week.
Birding & Nature
Pine Island’s remote and natural environment is home to many varieties of exotic and tropical wildlife.
- Birding | Birding Photo Gallery
- Lee County’s Visitor & Convention Bureau’s Awaken
- Mote Marine Laboratory
Pine Island is a haven for superb, passive enjoyment and relaxation. Enjoy our many cultural attractions including art galleries, museums and music.
- Live Music & Promos
- Randell Research Center
- Captiva Cruises Eco-Tour
- Museum of the Islands
- Crossed Palms Gallery – (239) 283-2283
- Wild Child Gallery
- Trader’s Hitching Post
- Jazz & Blues Florida
A few more resources for you to peruse.